Jennifer Zwagerman Profile
Director of the Drake Agricultural Law Center
Associate Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Agricultural Law, Food and the Law, Litigation, Property
LLM – University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville
JD – Drake University Law School, highest honors, Order of the Coif, Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, Opperman Scholar
BS – Michigan State University, high honors
Associate director of the Drake Agricultural Law Center (2015-2019)
Drake Law School director of Career Development (2011-2019)
Drake Law School visiting/adjunct professor (2010)
Attorney at Faegre & Benson (n/k/a Faegre Drinker)
Judicial clerk for The Hon. David Hansen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Agriculture & Data Privacy: I Want a HIPAA(potamus) for Christmas...Maybe, 8 Texas A & M Law Review 685 (2021).
- Agroecology in food system transparency: Labels and certifications, in Food System Transparency, 63-79 (CRC Press) (2021).
- Proactive Policies: Building the Farm Bill of the Future Through New Collaborations and Perspectives, 14 Journal of Food Law & Policy 72 (2018).
- Recognizing Challenges and Opportunities in the Quest to End Hunger, 4 Texas A & M Law Review 315 (2017).
- Rural America Matters to All Americans, The Conversation (January 20, 2017).
- Checking Out the Checkoff: An Overview and Where We Are Now That The Legal Battles Have Quieted, 14 Drake Journal of Agricultural Law 149 (2009).
- President (2017-2018) and Member of the Board of Directors (2014-2019) for the American Agricultural Law Association (AALA)
- NALP – Member of the Board of Directors (2017-2019); Annual Education Conference Planning Committee (2016-2017); Technology Innovation Working Group (2015-2016); Chair, Small/Solo CSO Section (2013-2015); Presenter, Annual Education Conference (2013, 2014, 2018)
- Drake Agricultural Law Journal Friend of the Journal Award
- Drake Law Student Bar Association Staff Service Award
- Iowa State Bar Association – Rural Practice Committee, Agricultural Law Section Council, Law Practice Management Committee (2013-2015), Young Lawyer’s Division-5C Representative (2008-2014)
Jennifer Zwagerman SSRN Author Page