Jerry Anderson Profile
Dean of the Law School
Richard M. and Anita Calkins Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Law, Environmental Law, Natural Resources Law, Property
JD – Stanford Law School, Order of the Coif
BS – University of Kansas (with distinction)
Drake Law School professor since 1991
Assistant professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Law
Attorney at Lathrop & Norquist in Kansas City, Mo.
Clerk for The Hon. Alex Kozinski of the U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Property Law: Practice, Problems and Perspectives (co-author) (2d ed., Wolters Kluwer, 2019).
- Environmental Law Practice: Problems and Exercises for Skills Development (co-author) (4th ed., Carolina Academic Press, 2018).
- The Divergent Evolution of English Property Law, Probate & Property, Sept.-Oct. 2015, at 50.
- A Constitutional and Empirical Analysis of Iowa’s Administrative Rules Review Committee Procedure, 61 Drake Law Review 1 (2012) (with Christopher Poynor).
- The Origins and Efficacy of Private Enforcement of Animal Cruelty Law in Britain, 17 Drake Journal of Agricultural Law 263 (2012).
- Elected to the American College of Environmental Lawyers
- Leland Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (2013 and 2006)
- Editorial Board for the Environmental Law Review (Vathek Publishing, UK)
- National award from the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution for "Problem Solving in the Classroom"
- Burlington Northern Award for Innovative Teaching
Jerry Anderson Selected Works
Jerry Anderson Curriculum Vitae