Robert Rigg Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Clinical Education, Criminal Law, Forensic Sciences, Ethics
JD – Drake University Law School
BA – Drake University
Polk County Public Defender's Office
Co-director of Volunteers in Probation
- Iowa Practice Series, Vol. 4: Criminal Law (2015-2016 ed., Thomson West, 2015).
- The Postville Raid, a Postmortem, 12 Rutgers Journal of Race and Law 271 (2011).
- The Not-So-Risky Business of High-End Escorts and the Internet in the 21st Century, 17 Richmond Journal of Law & Technology 1 (2010).
- Teaching Gideon-The Development and Challenges of a Criminal Defense Program, 7 Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical & Clinical Law 111 (2004).
- The Constitution, Compensation and Competence: A Case Study, 27 American Journal of Criminal Law 1 (1999).
- Founding member and president of the Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Iowa Rules of Evidence
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Advisory Committee for the Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Attorney Disciplinary Board
- Quoted in NPR, Los Angeles Times, Associated Press, Newsday, USA Today, and The Des Moines Register