Skip Sub Menu




Spring 2020 Course Change Request Form

  • This form temporarily replaces the Add-Drop form and is in effect only for Spring 2020 classes.
  • Use this form to request to drop a Spring 2020 class or convert the grading method from standard letter grades (A,B,C,D,F) to credit/no credit.
  • See the "Academics" section of the FAQ on the university's coronavirus web page for more information about credit/no credit coursework.  The FAQ section begins approximately one-third of the way from the top of the page.

Transcript Request Form

  • Requests for official Drake transcripts must be submitted in writing.
  • Drake cannot accept transcripts over the phone or via email.
  • Click the link above for more information.

Transfer Credit Request Form

  • Request to transfer in credits from other U.S. institutions
  • Know exactly how a course will come in
  • This is only for current students not entering students
  • Click the link above to submit request

Change of Record Request

  • Please use this form to request the following changes:
    • Change advisor
    • Add or remove a major, minor, or concentration
    • Transfer from one Drake college/school to a different Drake college/school (i.e., to transfer from the School of Education to the College of Arts & Sciences)
  • Some changes, such as adding a major outside of students' current college/school, require additional paperwork.


  • Certain records stored in the Office of the Registrar may contain various information, depending on the age of the record.
  • In general, records from the early 1900's or earlier contain less-detailed information about the student and require more time to retrieve.
  • Fee for this service: $25

Replacement Diploma Request

  • Copies of diplomas must be reproduced from scratch in the Office of the Registrar.
  • The student's name, college, and degree information will remain the same as the original, but the signatures may be different.
  • Fee for this service:
    • Non-Law School diplomas (without diploma case): $25
    • Non-Law School diplomas (with diploma case): $30
    • Law School diplomas (diploma cases are not available for such diplomas): $30 

Authorization for Information Release

  • This form is intended for students who wish to give Drake University permission to release or discuss some or all of their educational record with a third party, such as a parent.
  • Students may complete this form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar.
By Email By Fax By Mail 515-271-3977 Office of the Registrar
Drake University
2507 University Ave
Des Moines, IA 50311

Re-Enrollment Request Form

This form must be completed by undergraduate students who meet all of the following criteria:

  1. Were admitted to a Drake University degree program and previously enrolled in classes
  2. Did not register at Drake University for at least one fall or spring semester
  3. Are not seeking re-enrollment after a Voluntary Medical Leave of Absence (VMLOA)*
  4. Wish to re-enroll at Drake University

*If seeking re-enrollment after a VMLOA, please contact the dean's office of the college/school of last enrollment.

Non-Degree Seeking Student Registration Request Form

  • This form is intended for individuals who do not belong to a degree-seeking program at Drake University.
  • Visit the non-Drake students page for eligibility criteria and registration instructions.

Overload Request Form (Request to Register for More Than 18 Hours)

  • By default, undergraduate and pharmacy students (except those in their P4 year), are capped at 18 hours per semester.
  • Special permission is required prior to registration from the Associate Dean of the student’s college to register for more than 18 hours in a fall or spring semester. Students who would like to request special permission should submit the Overload Request Form to their college/school dean's office.
  • Be aware that an overload fee is charged to any student that exceeds 18 hours of registration in a semester.

Medical Leave of Absence Form

University News