Skip Sub Menu

Obtaining Your Enrollment Verification Certificate

Students occasionally need Drake to provide enrollment verification to a third party, such as an insurance company, a housing group, or a local YMCA or gym. Students can obtain an official enrollment verification certificate from the National Student Clearinghouse, which is an authorized enrollment verification agent for Drake. Students can access the certificate through myDrake.

Obtaining your Enrollment Verification Certificate

  1. Log in to myDrake.
  2. Click the Proof of Enrollment link under the Student Records section.
  3. The link redirects you to a secure site at the National Student Clearinghouse. The site allows students to obtain a document that verifies enrollment at Drake University for only the current semester or enrollment for all semesters. Select the appropriate option and then click the Obtain an Enrollment Certificate link.
  4. A new window will pop up with the certificate that students can print and submit to the third party that has requested it.


Q: I was able to connect to the National Student Clearinghouse site and download my enrollment certificate, but the information is not for the correct semester.

A: Drake submits enrollment data to the National Student Clearinghouse at certain times of the year. The first enrollment data report typically does not occur until about one week prior to the start of the semester. Therefore, it is possible that, even though you may be registered for a given semester, the National Student Clearinghouse does not yet have that information. If you think this is the case, then contact the Office of the Registrar to obtain an enrollment certificate directly from them.

Q: What do I do if the information on the enrollment certificate that I downloaded from the National Student Clearinghouse has inaccurate information?

A: Contact the Office of the Registrar to obtain an enrollment certificate and discuss the inaccurate information that appears on the document from the Clearinghouse.

Q: Is there a charge for downloading an enrollment certificate from the National Student Clearinghouse?

A: No, the service is free.

Q: Can I give my parents or spouse third-party access to download an enrollment certificate on my behalf?

A: No, students do not have the ability to give their parents or spouse their own third-party access to the student's enrollment certificate.

University News