J-Term Travel Course Registration
Students interested in registering for a J-term travel course should submit an application to their desired program through Terra Dotta, Drake's new application and database system for study abroad.
Students, faculty, and staff who have questions about the application/registration process may contact Drake International at email@example.com or 515-271-2084.
- On the Terra Dotta web site, choose your desired travel course. (Note: 2018 J-term travel courses will be available by Tues, Mar 7, 2017.)
- Click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
- Once you submit the necessary materials for your application, staff will review your application and ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for travel courses and the course itself. (See Eligibility section below.)
- If you are eligible and a seat is available for you, your application status will be updated to "Accepted."
- If you are eligible but a seat is not available for you, your application status will be updated to "Wait Listed."
- If you are not eligible for the course, your application status will be updated to "Not Accepted."
- If you are accepted and wish to claim the available seat, it is your responsibility to update your application status to "Committed." You also will be responsible for submitting the $500 travel deposit to secure your seat in the class.
- Once you have "Committed" and paid your travel deposit, the Office of the Registrar will officially register you for the course. From that point, it will appear on your class schedule.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Students must have no major conduct issues.
- Students cannot be first-year students (those admitted directly from high school in the summer or fall of 2017).
- Students must meet specific requirements for the particular class (eg, "English majors only," "juniors and seniors only," etc.).
|Mon, Mar 6
||J-Term fair - Parents Hall, Olmsted Center
|Tue, Mar 7
||Students may begin submitting applications for travel courses
|Sat, Apr 1
||Initial deadline for application
|Sat-Sat, Apr 1-8
||Staff checks applicants' eligibility
|Sat-Sat, Apr 8-15
||Accepted applicants are prioritized based on course eligibility requirements
|Sat, Apr 15
||Staff notifies students who are accepted, wait-listed, or not accepted
|Mon, May 1
||$500 travel deposit due
|Once student has "Committed" and paid $500 deposit
||Office of the Registrar will register student onto official course roster
|Sat, Jul 15
||First payment due
|Fri, Sept 15
||Second payment due
|Wed, Nov 15
||Third payment due