Supreme Court Celebration
Join us for a celebration of Drake Law School's long-standing relationship with the Iowa Supreme Court.
Drake Law School's annual Supreme Court Celebration celebrates the history of academic excellence, leadership, and service at Drake Law and honors the Law School's symbiotic relationship with the Iowa Supreme Court. The 83rd annual Supreme Court Celebration is March 25-28, 2020.
Registration information coming soon.
2020 Schedule of Events
Wednesday, March 25
- Student Bar Association Lunch and Awards Ceremony - noon, Cartwright Hall, Kern Commons
Thursday, March 26
- Student breakfast with the Justices of the Iowa Supreme Court - 8:30 a.m., Neal & Bea Smith Law Center
- Supreme Court Oral Arguments - 9:30 a.m., Neal & Bea Smith Law Center Courtroom
- Faculty lunch with Supreme Court Justices - 11:30 a.m., Neal & Bea Smith Law Center
- Drake Journal of Agricultural Law Dinner and Awards Ceremony - 6 p.m., Cartwright Hall, Kern Commons
Friday, March 27
- Drake Law Review Dinner and Awards Ceremony - 6 p.m., Cartwright Hall, Kern Commons
Saturday, March 28
- Final round of the Supreme Court Celebration Competition - 10 a.m., Iowa Supreme Court, 1111 E. Court Avenue
- Moot Court Luncheon and Awards Ceremony - 11:30 a.m., Cartwright Hall, Kern Commons
- Supreme Court Celebration Banquet and Awards Ceremony - 6 p.m. reception, 7 p.m. dinner, Olmsted Center, Parents Hall. Keynote speaker: Amy Chua, John M. Duff Professor of Law, Yale Law School
2019 Awards and Recognition
Alumnus of the Year
Johnny C. Taylor Jr., JO'91, LW'92
Recent Alumnus of the Year
Emiliano Lerda, LW’08
Distinguished Public Service Award
Jerry Foxhoven, LW'77
Learn more about the alumni award winners.
See lists of other award recipients:
View photos from the 81st annual Supreme Court Celebration:
See also a list of past Supreme Court Celebration programs.