Environmental Health and Safety
Drake University is committed to maintaining a model Environmental Health and Safety program for its students, faculty, staff, visitors, and surrounding community. Drake strives to foster a strong safety culture and promote environmental responsibility among stakeholders and at all University facilities.
In the continuous pursuit of this goal, all members of the University community should comply with all environmental health and safety laws and regulations by implementing current, best practices within their work areas which promote a healthy and viable environmental health and safety culture.
As an Institution, Our Guiding Principles are:
- Every member of the community has a critical role in their own safety and the safety of those around them.
- Environmental health and safety concerns are an integral aspect of all operations and functions.
- Drake promotes and practices environmental responsibility.
- Members of the Drake community strive to minimize air and water emissions, as well as waste generation.
- The University shares examples of excellence in environmental health and safety with other institutions and surrounding communities.
- The institution provides education to maximize safe work practices and minimize potential for injury or loss.
- Drake endeavors to create and sustain an environment of positive collaboration among faculty, students, staff, environmental health and safety specialists, facility services, and public safety. By working together, they will identify environmental health and safety issues and find acceptable solutions to problems.
The University will promote responsibility for maintaining environmental health and safety by integrating Environmental Health and Safety policy into relevant planning and decision-making processes. These include establishing management policies, programs, procedures, and practices that identify and address health and safety risks.
Drake Public Safety,
Drake Public Safety,
non-emergency - 515-271-2222
- Des Moines police, fire, ambulance,
emergency - 911
- Des Moines police,
- American Republic Student
- Employee Assistance Program
- Title IX
(These contacts are all relative to being dialed on campus)
Emergency Procedures Manual