Skip Sub Menu

Students on campus - matches FB page

TEMPORARY RELOCATION!!  Please note that the Student Services Center has temporarily relocated to the Lower Level of Hubbell Hall (near the C-store).   We'll update you when we are back in our normal space!

Student Services Center provides assistance on a number of campus programs, but most importantly oversees the use of the Drake Card.  Door access, Meal Plans, and Bulldog Bucks are all utilized through the Drake Card.  Basic information about each of these functions are listed below, or explained further in the individual content sections on the left. 

If you have any questions or concerns about any of the services handled by this office, do not hesitate to contact us.

SSC Basic Services

Drake Card: Print and pick up a Drake Card, or address issues with your card or door access.

Bulldog Bucks: Students, Faculty, and Staff can add funds to their Bulldog Bucks account online or in the SSC.  Bulldog Bucks funds can be used on campus for food, laundry, printing, or Drake Bookstore purchases!  Contact Student Services with any questions or problems you have with Bulldog Bucks.

Parking: You can purchase parking permits and pay campus parking tickets at the Student Services Center.  Don't want to take a car to campus?  No problem!  There are lots of other great ways to get around the area including the Drake Bike Library, the Des Moines B-CyclesEnterprise Rental Cars (available for hourly or daily rental from the Olmsted Parking Lot), DART Bus transportation (free with your Drake ID), or the evening Drake Safe-Ride Buses. 

Student Payroll/Accounting Checks: Pick up your first student payroll or accounting reimbursement check.  Payday for the previous month is the 12th, and checks will be available in the Student Services Center to pick up at your convenience.

International Student ID Cards (ISIC): If you are traveling abroad and would like to purchase an ISIC card, cards can be created and paid for in the Student Services Center.  Cards are $25.00, and can either be created electronically with your Drake ID photo or a physical passport photo.  Contact the International Center if you have questions about the use of this card.

Key Distribution/Door Access: If a key has been requested for you and is ready for pickup, you will be emailed by SSC staff, and your key can be picked up at the Student Services Center. Key fines can also be paid.  You may also stop in or email if you need additional door access or door access troubleshooting.

University News